Monday, January 26, 2009

I used to never think alot about the music I listen to unless it was the ear-splittin crap I call ''not music!''...lol....but as I have put together my playlist, I have come to realize just how much a romantic I am!
Most all of it is love songs in one way or another...and ones I have said to Larry over time....''this is how I feel,hon..." or had him say it back...ones we have danced to, smiled across the room and said...this ones for you.
Have always said I love old rock n roll, and some of that is there, but even that is ''romantic'' in its way too....
I put songs on that trigger certain things in my past life, that have in one way or another influenced it, if just in a small way....but left a ''life impression''....know what I mean??!!
Tammy.....(Debbie Reynolds)... was a song I sang over & over as a child, guess cause I loved that show it came out on....another is by the Carpenters..."Close To You''...it is a song I remember playing on my turn-table over & over, (anyone know what that is, lol) and putting Steve, my ''baby'' brother on my feet dancing around with...that was ''my song'' to him....he was like my baby when he was little. I remember singing it to him....he was so beautiful & I remember his little boy laugh!
A couple others are in there that hold a special moment in time for me....no real logical reason, just how they make me feel inside. Isn't that really what music is...how is makes you feel? It is to me.
I listen to what is there and laugh at myself, for to some, I guess, it makes me look strange, the mixture of the different kinds....but it is who I am...where I have come from, and possibly where I am going. Music brings things to life inside for me....things from the past, that were fun, sad, romantic....
Hard to explain, and even harder when Eric was a teen, listening to his ''music'' and me having to remember these thoughts above!! lol...
I wonder if ''Slipknot'' will give him the kind of memories I have???? HAHAHA...

No comments:

Post a Comment