Saturday, May 9, 2009

We finally meet!!!

Can you imagine meeting someone but never actually meeting them???
Over ten years ago, in a Kentucky Wildcat fan club, a conversation was started between myself and a lady in Paducah. We discussed the team, the coach, and one thing let to another til we swapped emails. We started emailing back & forth once or twice a week, sharing our lives, children, and their lives, then Libby's girls' marriages, and now 3 grandchildren. Larry & my son's high school years, our exchange student from Brazil, Eric's marriage. We have prayed together, cried together, laughed a ton of laughs together. Shared recipes, game problems, maybe even a little politics. I feel as though she is like a sister.
Last night, we met for the first time face to face.
She drove up to visit with her daughter in Franklin Co. and grandchildren, and wanted to know if we could finally get together. I didn't meet a stranger at the back door! Her & Jacob walked in and it was like we had always been face to face. We had dinner. I am not a cook, they found out...TG for Kroger!! lol....but Val, (her daughter) (Samantha & Jacob)grandchildren & Libby sat at our table, prayed, and we had the laughs!!
I wish everyone could find a person like Libby is. What a find for a friendship. Larry & I can't wait to meet Don, her husband. It will be like we have known each other for years!!
Isn't God good! I thank Him for this wonderful friend and her awesome family coming into my life.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice story. Good friends are such a blessing...

    ReplyDelete